Asianux Server 3
Asianux Server 3, co-developed by Red Flag Software (China), Miracle Linux Cooperation (Japan) and Hancom (Korea), provides enhanced compatibility, security and easy-to-use features along with high reliability. It meets the increasing requirements of Linux OS in enterprise applications and provides a compelling choice of open IT platform for users. The release of Asianux 3 shows that Asianux members keep their promise and contribute to delivering new technologies and service to users, partners and the open source world.
Thanks to the unique '4 Co' business model, which stands for Co-Development, Co-Brand, Co-Marketing and Co-Support, Asianux will bring more value to enterprise users.
Asianux Server 3 integrates the advanced Linux technologies to deliver more value to enterprise users in terms of high capability, stability, usability and expansibility.
The main features include:
- Support of various hardware platforms including IA32, X86-64, IA64, and IBM p-Series.
- Support of the latest technology of Intel 32/64 bits Quad-core processor and chipset, AMD Barcelona Processor, IBM OpenPower.
- Full implementation of the hundreds of major features of CGL3.2, making Asianux Server 3 an ideal platform for Carrier applications.
- Redcastle, the new and unique kernel level security function, which is totally different from SELinux. It targets CC EAL4 level global certification and fulfills Asia governmental and enterprise requirements of a high OS security architecture.
- Integration of OpenDrim, the first co-developed open source project sponsored by CJK (China, Japan and Korea) governments and which provides a standard based, distributed resource management environment for Linux, and greatly simplifies the system administrator's tough work.
- Support of EFI (Extensible Firmware Interface) on both IA32 and IA64 platform. Asianux Server 3 is the first distribution in the world to implement this.
- As a solid base of enterprise information system, Asianux Server 3 will be certified by main software and hardware vendors such as BEA, CA, Dell, EMC, Emulex, HP, IBM, Intel, NEC, Oracle, SAP, Symantec, SWSoft, Virtual Iron, VMware and so on.
Real-time and trusted local technical support are the guarantees of Linux deployment in enterprise. The Asianux consortium, which combines the best local Linux vendors support network, delivers an unparalleled support value to Asian customers. Furthermore, Asianux Server 3 employs the unique support website ¨Asianux TSN¨ to rapidly and conveniently provide online-upgrades and system management service to Asian customers.
With the releases of Asianux 1.0 and Asianux 2.0, respectively in 2004 and 2005, Asianux sharply established itself as an important actor on the international enterprise Linux market. It delivers excellent performance and a stable operation environment to users and broadly supports various hardware and software solutions to reduce deployment and management cost. So far, the total shipment of Asianux products is over 70,000 copies among Chinese, Korean and Japanese markets.